General Registration for 2017 La Semana Camp will open Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. Central Time. If you are only registering an Ayudante, you can wait until March 1 to register.
La Semana Camp will take place the week of July 24-28, 2017.
Tips for a Successful Registration
- Be sure to register yourself first as ‘Parent/Alumni Volunteer’, and then register your camper(s).
- If you are an Ayudante (11th grade, 12th grade and 2017 graduate), be prepared to answer five questions during your registration process (listed below). The answers to these questions help us place you in the best role possible at camp.
- You CANNOT order Fiesta DVDs during registration. Watch for more information on how to order.
- Checks should be made out to PLAC and mailed to: PLAC Treasurer, 153 Surrey Trail South, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
- Credit card payments will be assessed a 3% fee.
Any questions about La Semana Culture Camp Registration can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!
The information below will allow you to have a seamless registration process. Please read the information prior to registering.
Registration Information (Ayudantes can skip to the ‘Ayudante Registration Information’ section below)
- Click the registration link. The link to register will become active at 9:00 a.m. Central Time.
- Enter your login credentials. If you registered in the past, you will use the same login credentials (email and password).
- Select or enter ‘Who are You Registering.’
First register as ‘Parent/Alumni Volunteer.’ If you only need to register an Ayudante, skip to the information below on Ayudante Registration Information.
One parent volunteer is required to register before any camp attendees. Volunteer positions ‘tier’ based on the required volunteer time commitment. The camp discount received for campers is based on the volunteer tier.
Your volunteer commitment is what makes our camp a success. If at any time you determine you cannot honor your commitment, please reach out to the Camp Chair immediately so that adjustments can be made.
Tier A = $75/camper; Tier B = $125/camper; Tier C = $175/camper; Tier D = $275/camper (however you must register for two Tier D positions to qualify); Tier E = $400/camper.
We have a need for a Daycare Coordinator. Please consider this position!
Important Information: Only enter one parent volunteer during the initial registration. Register the parent with the highest tier first and then your camper(s). After you have completed the first registration with the volunteer and camper(s), log back in and register any additional parent/alumni volunteers.
- Enter the remainder of the information for your camper(s).
Ayudante (11th grade, 12th grade and 2017 graduate) Registration Information
Enter your login credentials here. The link to register will become active at 9:00 a.m. Central Time.
- The camp fee is $75, regardless of the parent volunteer level.
- If a parent is volunteering, register the parent first, and then the Ayudante.
- If a parent is not volunteering, register the Ayudante only.
- Parents are not required to volunteer, but their experience is very needed and appreciated!
- There are five open-ended questions Ayudante registrants must be prepared to answer. The answers to these questions are used to determine the best placement for the Ayudante during the camp week.
The questions are:
- Why would you like to be an Ayudante Volunteer at La Semana Culture Camp 2017?
- How has adoption touched your life?
- What experience do you have with kids who are younger than you?
- Do you have any experience through school, church etc. as a peer leader?
- Share an example of a time you showed leadership skills.
PLAC accepts check and credit card payment. Checks should be made out to PLAC and mailed to:
153 Surrey Trail South,
Apple Valley, MN 55124.
If you pay by credit card, a 3% surcharge will be added to your total payment.
- Families cancelling a registration by May 31, 2017 will be charged an administrative fee of $20 per camper. There will be no refunds after May 31.
- Scholarships are available for camp. Contact PLAC Treasurer Jennie Wollschlager at email@example.com to inquire.
- Fiesta DVDs CANNOT be ordered during the registration process.
- Any questions about La Semana Culture Camp Registration can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.